The main aim of “In my Art” project is to empower young people to take action towards social inclusion and intercultural community-building, especially in multicultural contexts where migrant people have fewer opportunities in getting involved into host communities as active citizens. Following the needs/context analysis carried out by partner organizations, the project pursues the following objectives:
- increase awareness of youth workers and organizations on the real needs and desires of young people, to effectively adapt methods and practices based on arts into different multicultural contexts;
- share and develop effective and sustainable practices inspired by Arte Migrante method among organizations, to build inclusive communities based on the culture of dialogue, cohesion, valorization of diversity and non-discrimination;
- promote active participation of young people in their community, with a focus on youth at risk of marginalization because of their cultural, social and economical obstacles.
Topic addressed by the project
- Creativity and culture
- Inclusion - equity
- Migrants' issues
"Arte migrante" will be the work-field, as well as the method that will inspire the process of learning, development and innovation. An international training focusing on the Arte Migrante methodology as a tool to foster inclusion will be held in Palermo, Italy in 2020.
In the framework of In My Art project, three outputs will be developed:
- Action Research on the impact of art in social inclusion (IO1)
- Training Program on using Art as an inclusive methodology (IO2)
- Guidelines on how to apply Arte Migrante methodology (IO3)
All outputs will be translated into the national language of each partner organization, and the guidelines will be also translated in sign language.
The youth workers involved in the project will undertake a learning path aiming at increasing their competences and educational tools for working with young people at risk of marginalization and supporting them to get involved into the host community by sharing and developing inclusive and sustainable informal and non formal practices. In My Art will address the needs of youth aged between 16 and 26 years with a migratory background and/or with social, cultural and economic difficulties, in order to trigger a process of inclusion within the local community.
At the local level participants will be encouraged to a greater inclination towards social engagement to improve their communities and the development of their territory, getting involved in activities aimed at changing the local context in intercultural perspective, opening up to a real exchange with cultures and ways of being citizens other than its own. At a European level the project fosters a greater propensity to approach cultural diversity through art , aimed at ensuring a continuous sharing attitude with the diversity , in order to improve each other and thus improve the dialogue among the different cultures composing Europe. Moreover, at European level Arte migrante philosophy will be shared.
In My Art is a project financed by Erasmus+ program (KA2 – Strategic Partnership for Youth). It is coordinated by Per Esempio Onlus (Italy), in partnership with Merseyside Expanding Horizons (UK), Arte Migrante (Italy), Groupe de recherche et de realizations pour le développement rural (France), AWO Kreisverband (Germany), United Societies of Balkans (Greece) and Asociación Caminos – Asociación para el intercambio educación y desarrollo social (Spain).